I think this needs no further explanation.
Thank you for writing a JUST and FAIR article PEP.PH
Let me just give some pointers and answers to the magazine I don’t even want to mention (for causing harm to my little one).
I forgive, yes I do but when it is a 3 year old boy and his rights and privacy are compromised it makes the story turn 360 degrees.
Authenticating a fashion item is not something easily done, especially if the item can only be viewed through a photograph, and not in person.
Without finding an exact match to the design of the T-shirt in children’s size 12 on the brand’s official website or other retail sites on the Internet, we could not definitively say that the T-shirt’s design was one from the brand.
And because the image of the receipt from the D&G boutique in Dubai that was sent to us by Ms. Hashim as evidence was very low in resolution and had numerous parts of it blacked out, we could not read the receipt properly and conclusively say it was in fact the receipt of the T-shirt.
So Ms writer, before putting up an article do make sure that you’ve done extensive research. Research that can possibly dignify you and set you apart from the rest of the nay sayers. For the article that you published which put the security of my son at risk, yes you are accountable. Because saying that it was translated verbatim when I have an article dissecting everything is clearly contradictory.
When in the future you become a mother yourself and you happen to be in my shoes at that time, I don’t know how you’d feel. I am certain though that no loving mom would want any of the things I had to deal with.
You interview people to listen and understand. To give light to the dark and start presenting facts. NO – YOU DO NOT ASK FOR CARD DETAILS. YOU CALL THAT a TRADE SECRET.
My points are of significant value and like any other cards you know how fraud has been one of the most common major crimes all over the world.
I’m no pro in writing but obviously I write truthfully. I take my readers with me as if they are experiencing everything as they happen. So no-you don’t question my being a writer in my own way too.
Most of all it is my son that deserves your apology for not calling abroad when you could have because the internet was much more accessible than spending a couple of bucks to ensure the veracity of your statements which in turn inflicted harm to a minor. Yes- I will reiterate that time and time again because as a mother and as an individual, I do believe in upholding morals above all.
PASSION. COMPASSION. I wouldn’t be here today if I did not breathe those.
Life is a learning process and in the same way that I proved my innocence to everyone I will in all means prove it to you too— Ms. Japan (in private and abiding due process).
Who can ever forget the time when Lana marks was introduced to us by the queen herself while trying to look for unique designer pieces that deserves the spotlight?
Before Lana Marks became a household name in the Philippines via the viral Marian Rivera Cleopatra clutch, the brand has made it’s mark on the luxury industry.
Once commissioned by the beloved Princess Diana for a creation that would span generations and would become an icon in a league of its own, Lana marks benchmarked the title of being “the designer to the royalties”.
It is common knowledge that perhaps in this lifetime, the most adored and loved royalty is and forever will be Princess Diana.
A humanitarian, compassionate woman who never fails to connect to people in all walks of life.
In commemorating the 20th death anniversary of Diana, dubbed as the “Princess of Hearts,” LoveLuxe Bags Trading Inc., has once more teamed up with the eponymous label and sat down with the one and the ONLY Lana Marks for a one-on-one:
1. Before the eponymous label, what was Lana Marks doing? Before LANA MARKS I played some international tennis and raised two wonderful children together with my husband and did much volunteer and charity work for underprivileged children, hospital patients particularly children and the arts.
2. In the many niches in the fashion industry, why get into the bag business? I decided on fine exotic leather handbags because I could not find one in vivacious red alligator for an event we were invited to; to attend The Queen’s birthday on the Royal Yacht Brittania – and it led me to believe a niche existed in very high end fashion handbags in vivacious colours. I had looked at all the Collections.
3. What was, by far, the most intricate and challenging bag you have designed? The most intricate and challenging handbag- actually there are two:
First: The Princess Diana Handbag was the most challenging by far in my career, as it was commissioned by Princess Diana, herself, and in her name, and had to be different than any other handbag ever created and also be regal, fashionable, and be able to transcend the test of time, always be fabulous! When Princess Diana received the first one she said it was tall and slim just like her; and then thanked me in writing for the most beautiful handbag imaginable. She ordered 15 of them.
Second: The most intricate is The Cleopatra Clutch which is hand stitched onto the frame, and the signature front contour is cut by the factory owner in Italy. A 10 in terms of level of difficulty.
4. What was it like designing for Princess Diana? Designing for Princess Diana was an honour and a privelage ! A memory I will cherish particularly as we went on to become very close friends.
5. How it is working for celebrities and designing bags named after them? Do you directly collaborate with them on each piece that goes in each bag? Working with Celebrities has also been amazing! Particularly as the majority have given me complete creative freedom.it is my chance to be most creative. Yes, I always collaborate directly with them on each piece of each handbag- then they know all aspects as we proceed. It is most enjoyable as each star is so different! Again such an honour to have worked with A list Royalty and A list Hollywood.
6. Do you have plans of setting up shop overseas? If so, which regions are looking at? We are in Harrods, London, China, Macau, Qatar and USA, and hope to expand in the coming year. Am open to all regions that like couture handbags.
7. What sets Lana Marks’ handbags from the rest? What sets Lana Marks handbags from the rest is that they are produced in the finest of high end exotic leathers in vivacious colours, and in extraordinary handcraftsmamshio – the most skilled artisans of North Italy.
Also three fashion Collections per year.
8. With the hours that you carefully put in each design, how difficult is it to part with them each time their owner comes in to get them? It takes many hours to design each new Collection and when they are sold quickly it is bittersweet. The new Mosaic Collection – one customer in the USA bought the entire Collection. !!!
9. What is your biggest undertaking or project so far? The biggest undertaking so far is when we opened five new major Flagship stores in China in such a short time. I had to do a lot of traveling, meet many celebrities there and government officials, and do many many interviews there back to back!
10. When can we anticipate a new LM collection to be released? The new Mosaic Collection is just being released and there are 14 individual and different colours in each handbag, with amazing workmanship and proportion. Two clutches, a tophandle and a tote!
I chanced upon these comments while checking my website and decided that it deserved some space on my blog. Yes Mr.(P) R I know who you are.
Why hello there, you were under a HK line when you made this comment. Unfortunately I had you traced and I know who you are.
You see, Filipinos are being looked down because of our fellow Pinoys looking down on us.
Unfortunately, you seem to be out of the loop these days as Dolce and Gabbana takes necessary steps especially in the Middle East where they have strict guidelines. As for the fashion shows, I am fully aware and that is also part of the contract. However it shall only commence this year since it’s a brand new start. A new year to push the brand and generate revenue for them.
Yes I am fully aware of pull outs (local and international alike), SSI, etc because I used to work for them. RCC. RSIM SSI these are all under one major group let me just add. For your satisfaction I am not a wanna be. I’ve always had affiliations-legit at that in all brands I mention whenever I say I am. For all I know I am the last person to do such thing. I am on the contrary to your very public life. I still keep my private life to those who are close to me.
I do not for one belittle others.
Let me also add to your further maligning me and my capacity that I have 2 countries apart from the UAE both wanting me under their umbrella.
Now hun, did I finally get to satisfy your curiosity? You’ve always looked down on your clients, fellow countrymen, and co-sellers alike. Don’t be too high up, God sees every step we take.
Anyhow, I will post my recognition- International not just per brand in the next few days or might as well check on IG as you alwats do. I hope you finally be happy with your life and business and stop prying on me and everything I do. Yes, I know you. I definitely do.
I do hope that I somehow enlightened you.
Enjoy your trip 😉
As I mentioned in my earlier entry, this issue earned its own rightful place in my blog because mainly, it questioned my integrity as a business person.
Allow me to cover the points covered by Preview’s article on the infamous shirt.
Did Marian Rivera Really Wear a Fake Dolce & Gabbana Logo Tee?- suggestive much?
Marian’s personal shopper “sets things straight.”- the bunny ears have so much meaning to them.
Several points I want to make in response to the writer’s Facebook post directed to me (This was all after I made my thoughts public after reading the article):
- This article was written in good faith and without malicious intent.– see my points in every photo grab from the article and you be the judge whether it was malicious, subjective or not.
- I included what I included and I did not what I did not because, as an editor, I am morally obligated to verify, and in effect filter out, all the relevant information (given statements, its inconsistencies, and the so-called “evidences”) before presenting them to the readers.– so how come no effort to talk to Anne was made to support her claims and why did you not wait for D & G to respond prior to posting the article?
- If you’re really a writer as you claim to be, then you should know that THIS is exactly how responsible journalism works. It means not being in the business of protecting anyone, so I honestly don’t understand why for some insane reason you think you should have been an exception.– I only asked to be put into a fair light in the same manner you pretty much did to Anne.
- You do not get to violate my privacy and post my number on social media. You do not get to question my integrity as a writer especially after I even made a follow-up and gave you the chance to clarify your statement (so at least now you know there’s no “teens line” in D&G). You do not get to post snippets of our conversation and falsely imply that it’s the entire thing. You do not get to be inconsistent about your statements and then cry foul after. So no, you do not get to tell me how to do my job when you’re the one being questioned here about how you do yours.- a) You reached out to me in a professional capacity so it is my understanding that the number you are using is publicly listed as it was used for business purposes (see the contact’s name? It said Preview not yours). In the same manner that my number is posted on my IG account as a seller.; b) I did not question your integrity. I questioned the wordings and since you said you quoted me verbatim in our exchange after I commented on the article, I questioned if it were verbatim, then how come there are so many omissions?; c) Yes I posted snippets but never have I claimed that they were the entire thing. I just highlighted the ones that were not included in the article that’s supposedly quoted me verbatim.; d) You implied that I am inconsistent because you interviewed me via chat which translates different meanings based on interpretation. I specifically informed you that Marian wears teens’ sizes but you implied that I was referring to the shirt in question when I was stating a general truth about her dress size. Had you called me up and recorded the conversation as any other reported would, you would have noted that I was not inconsistent, just misunderstood. I now go back to the point you said that as a journalist, you have the responsibility to validate and verify things, if things were unclear after our exchange, why did you go ahead and publish it without verifying from me first? Why did you even ask if you can publish the receipt without anything being blacked out even when you know my information including Amber points can be hacked when posted online?; e) Lastly, I thought it was an article to validate the authenticity of the shirt, how come now you say it is now about how I conduct my business?
- P.S. I’ve been struggling with myself trying to hold it in since yesterday, but I’ve had enough of bullies like you. #sorrynotsorry– I think you had it wrong. Who bullied whom? Who is at the receiving end of all the hate? Whose business stands on the line here?
There you have it ladies and gentlemen. Now, back to regular programming. 🙂
The events of late have caused so much fanfare that it requires its own entry on my blogsite.
In my years of being in the personal shopping business, I have been on the receiving end of both acclaim and criticism. As far as the Chinese proverb goes, “Eat bitter, taste sweet,” I believe I am the perfect sample of this. You all know my story, you’ve read it in the number of features made about me so allow me to OBJECTIVELY address the issue that sparked a debate and piqued national interest since it was first posted several days ago.
As public figures, my clientele have been subjects of these kinds of media entries since time immemorial. In the business of fashion and personal shopping, the honor of wearing and owning something rare is a testament of their status so it does not seem surprising at all when two stars who wore something similar are pitted against each other from time to time. I do not have a problem with that. Because I am neither any of the stars nor am I the focus of the so- called “better” challenge.
But why have I been so involved with this issue in particular? The answer is found on the same IG entry, when a close acquaintance of one of the stars posted a comment that goes:
Normally, I would shrug it off like how I would the countless tirades thrown my way. After all, my client herself does not mind, so why should I? But after careful assessment of the wordings used in this first comment, I decided I had enough. Why?
- She said- “is there a debate when this Marian girl is wearing a fake one?” As I have been shopping for the person in question for a long time now, the direct accusation (see further image below) of her wearing fake is inadvertently directed to my skillset as a curator of premium items and goods. This puts my business practice in question and is therefore, directed to my credibility as an honest- to- goodness personal shopper.
- Her certainty, as evidenced in the further comments above, questioned my business’ integrity by sowing doubt and strengthening her position re: authenticity of my sourced item which by the way, is totally irrelevant to the post of “who wore it better.”
- To make things interesting, when she could not take the bashing her comments solicited, she switched to another IG handle so that people could not tag her further. If she were certain of her claims, why budge? Why make oneself anonymous?
- Another interesting point I have to raise here is the fact that the person who questioned the item supposedly works for a premier brand. As someone who has been in this line of work for years on end, I question her ethics. The brand she works for may not aware of her actions outside of work but as a brand ambassador (in her own way), she should know better than to haphazardly comment about these things without substantiating her claims.
This issue certainly put an interesting spin to my existence as I am overwhelmed by the sheer support I get from my family, friends and clients alike. Even people who do not personally know me have reached out and cited the many instances whereby my values cannot be questioned.
I need not prove anything as my work alone can speak for itself. But sometimes, you have got to stand up for what you have worked so hard for and not allow yourself to be bullied into silence.
In retrospect, I am FLATTERED.
Flattered because I am so blessed that this episode is proof of how far I’ve come and how far I still can go.
Flattered because as my good friends would put it, “I have arrived.” And arrive I have. Not only have I been in business with big brands but I am under the radar of some individuals who seem to lavish in thoughts of destroying the brand I have worked so hard for that they resort to personal attacks when they could not find an argument worthy enough to highlight.
Flattered because in spite and despite of the drama and hate, I am still on a roll. And this is just the beginning…
Cheers to more partnerships, newfound friends, loving families and friends. And to my critics, a MASSIVE thanks for keeping me grounded. Your daily commentaries only make me work harder on my craft to deliver only the BEST to the BRIGHTEST of people.
On the Inquirer again. While my business is being advertised, I believe there are far more important things a leading broadsheet company should focus on.
You may read about the never ending accusations of people on the link above.
In fairness though they detailed how the French lady disappeared in thin air. 😊
As a regular Client of Cartier, I don’t intend on pushing their items any further after this. I believe a brand should uphold morals above all. Addressing someone as this girl is somehow derogatory and is a form of discrimination. Filipinos are to be respected most esp when they patronize the brand you are representing. As per research the lady who questioned the shirt is a Sales Associate of Cartier in Paris.
I shopped for watches, jewelry etc from the brand. As someone who bridges the gap between those inaccessible to my clientele and the items they desire I think it is I who deserves to be treated properly in and out of the store.
As for Dolce and Gabbana. I am in contact with their team- in constant communication every day. Needless to say, my items are always new and store fresh. My relationship with them is strong and intact.
By the way Inquirer also published an article about me late last year. Thus, they have knowledge about how I do business. I don’t think they’ll take interest in what I do if I am not legitimate.
Here’s the link to refresh
Have you ever had the chance to meet a group who mirrors your own? Crazy, huh? Well, wait ’til I tell you more about it.
I met the titwas group thru my Insta. It was mommah Racki as I fondly call her who started it all. Because of her obsession with Hermes, little did we know that it will bring us together and would be a start of a good friendship.
So the 3 of them (Tita Ana, Tita Me-An and Mama Racki) and my kuris (Kakat, Maan and I) were officially introduced during my birthday bash.
All six of us were seated together and as the conversations got deeper, we all realized that all three of them were actually the older versions of the three of us!
Mama Racki= (the ultimate madame who loves everything beautiful) = Me (ambisyosa ako bakit ba)
Tita Me-An (the more reserved one) = Maan
Tita Ana (The jack of all trades)= Kakat
Even the way we react to certain topics, people, chikkas are technically the same.
Mama Racki the feisty one who always has a witty response to almost everything resembles my persona in all ways possible. Generous, loving and extremely busy. Of course good traits, needless to say. 😀
Tita Mean always responds with a giggle and a more subtle way, like Maan. Then again whenever she starts warming up and tell her stories and addiction to shoes- be prepared to laugh your heart out- exactly how Maan is the ultimate Kuri. Tita Mean’s love for shoes extended to my shoe room —- we share the same size. What a lucky woman! hahaha!
Tita Ana, (BTW Kakat’s first name is Ana) who never lets her friends down— and is always present is also such a character. Like Keket. She travels to learn new stuff and ask her- just do- to travel the following day and she will make a way to join. (kakat na Kakat di ba?) bwahahah! She lives to travel. Works for her loves—- her passion and shopping included.
What makes me happy and proud about having these girls in my life is the fact that there are no insecurities between us. Everyone supports each other and is always happy about our achievements. Together, we are unstoppable. All three of them technically work in the same field. Each co-existing with one another. They support each other by helping one get good deals should they have clients who needs the services of the other.
Isn’t this amazing? For me, this is how empowered we should all be. Instead of pulling one another down, let’s help each other rise up. At the end of the day, it’s nice to have a bottle of sparkling altogether laughing off the hardships and learning from them too.
I believe the people I lost from the past were replaced by better ones and of course better with my constant group.
I look forward to learning more and enjoying more blissful years with these ladies. 🙂
By the way, we had a small get together with the titwas earlier for Tita Ana’s Bday. Look what she wrote for me instead of I making some tear jerker lines for her.
Touched, blessed and loved all the time.
I’ve always been very open about how traveling is an essential part of my life. My work requires me to travel and I couldn’t be more thankful for the privilege.
At one time, I even dreamed about becoming a flight attendant. Thinking of all the places I can go to and how you get paid for it made me think that I should become one. Little did I know that traveling like papa was really part of my ‘destiny’. hehe.
Okay, so my friend put up a travel agency sometime in 2016. She asked for my help in terms of marketing and she knows I will never market something that I do not trust since it’s my reputation at stake. I told her, if she can give me the same treatment
I give my clients then by all means, I’ll be more than willing to help her.
My friend knows how picky I am with flights ever since I started to almost live on the plane. hehehe. Same goes with accommodation. Even without showing it yet she knows which ones I will and will not approve of.
Kilometro is at par with LoveLuxebags’ standards and since then I have been loyal to them.
Recently, my friend decided to make me their ambassadress. Yay! that’s 2 in a row now (remember E estetique).
I’m always happy to be of help to my friends especially if I know that they will never let me down.
Kilometro has always been Pro-client. Just to share with you, numerous times when it comes to processing my visas, I would ask for them to pull out my passport because I needed to fly. They would patiently deliver it to me-wherever I am without qualms. Right after landing (back home) they will update me and ask if they can already continue and put my passport in line again. This for me is what service should be like.
Visa processing is no sweat- given that they are meticulous enough to check the littlest detail. Imagine one of their staff travelling back and forth North to South just to make me sign papers I missed.
Even my passport- I tend to forget signing the back part, they made an effort to come back again to let me sign.
If Kilo is not the best, I don’t know what else is.
I remember at one time the plane had problems and our flight was moved. My friend learned that the following flight won’t have a business class. They made sure to arrange a different flight for me without any hassle and I totally appreciate that.
You see, at this day and age everything can be done via the net. I am totally aware of that. Then again it’s the service that differs. I never booked my flights on my own since Kilo.
For details please follow @kilometrotravelinc on IG or Kilometro travel and tours on facebook.
It was another random trip with kitty kat in tow.
As always, it’s such a pleasure working and having fun at the same time, with my BFF.
The event was by invite-only and we were escorted to the VIP section where the bosses of AP were located. I feel extremely happy to get the kind of support their team extended. I am also given the chance to get custom-made orders for my clients. Which isn’t available to all. Extremely grateful to be able to offer another unique and personalized service to my clients.
Right after the event we had to rush to Orchard for the exclusive preview of Dolce and Gabbana. I held a small live session on Instagram and was totally delighted that the viewers learned a thing or two. It makes my job all the more meaningful and fulfilling when I get to impart even the slightest bit of trivia to others.
‘Til my next adventure!
Munching on some sweets to fight off my urge to sleep this whole brouhaha.
Give me this one shot. Just this once. Tapusin na natin okay?
So I went to my friend, renowned designer Francis Libiran’s intimate Manila reception. A little past 11, when I reached home my atsi told me that I am yet again the topic of some people. I calmly asked them if they have any proof that it was I who was telling those things against someone.
Well, I didn’t get an answer and topic was cut right away. For the record, (tagalugin na natin para malinaw) ilang beses na ba ako dinikit sa mga ganyang kababawan? Insinuating that I am the one starting the fight or tirades? For all I know, dalawa na nademanda ko dahil sa pang bibintang. Everytime you guys have issues you try to divert it to me. Bakit? Yung totoo lang? Ganun ka relevant?
I thought you guys so openly claim that you are Millionaires, bakit hindi ninyo gamitin ang kaunti niyan to verify the veracity of your accusations before pointing your fingers? Make your Millions work for you that way. My innocent son was dragged one too many times already and of course as a mother I will never let it pass.
The other one, ayun pinagtatawanan daw ang kaso niya. No show- at akala eh joke time lahat. pssst…. mag basa ka ng articles ha? Please research on “contempt of court”. Wag panay pa spy kay ate na taga abroad. You think too highly of yourselves and you feel like you’re untouchable. If so, ilang beses ka na nagpalit ng name? Expert ka hindi ba?
I barely have time to sleep. Really. 24 hours won’t even suffice and as you can see, I only get to update my blog now.
Reality check, do you think I have free time in my hands to even care about you? Tuwing may kaaway kayo ako agad? Talaga ba? Bakit kaya hindi ninyo ask or investigate. Sorry If I turn out to be barok trying to simplify this article.
Going back, I was even shown some Screenshots of people from the past na nakikisawsaw. Ate, lola, ineng whatever- mag move on na kayo please. Kinaibigan nyo na nga yun mga kaibigan ko dati hindi ba? Oh edi dapat happy na kayo lahat. Tapos yung dati kong friend and the mom making parinig pssssttttt…… pangalanan mo,okay? 🙂 di ka pa ba na kuntento with what happened a few years back? Nakisali ka din nun. Di ka pa natapos ginawa mo pang family issue and made me a target of your parents. Did you ever hear anything from me? Nope.
If you’re projecting a perfect life in small squares on Instagram might as well panindigan ninyo. I don’t even post a lot on my personal account because my life is PERFECTLY IMPERFECT and I am Absolutely okay with that.
So ngayon, if you have a problem with me, you can message me and confront me. Wag panay salita di ba? Now if I find it a total waste of time, definitely I let my lawyer handle it. Kayo mag usap. (tapos comment mo nanaman that baka mademanda ka? pssst, if you’re not doing anything, there’s nothing to fear.)
Sorry guys, just allow me this one time. After this, pag me umalma pa di ko na kasalanan. Wag kayo bintang ng bintang okay? Kasi ako before I speak I make sure I have sufficient evidence to back me up and a legal team I can sustain for my company and my welfare.
Matuto kayong mag communicate. You jump into conclusions too fast. The effect?
Oh and lastly, I don’t need to show you guys proof of what I can do. Sino ka ba in my life para patunayan ko bagay bagay? :))) I know that there is more dignity in silence but sometimes not addressing these people makes them feel like the world revolves around them. If your life depends on Instagram and Hermès and oh bringing up the past, maybe it’s about time to set your priorities straight. Walk your talk. ☺
❤❤❤❤ take your angst elsewhere, okay? Try writing, it’s therapeutic.